Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Madden 2009: My View..

So late last night after a long day at the work place, I decided to load up my newly bought copy of Madden for the Xbox 360. First impression was "Where's the fancy cinematic intro?" .. No Intro!, I must say while very small it still kinda got to me. However after missing it for about 5 seconds I got over it and went on to the Virtual Trainer to weigh my Madden skills, I must say that it did so pretty accurately. I went into my first game with the difficulty on my skill level and fared pretty well, however I had tons to learn in both the passing game and running game. The controls are very responsive and the ability to string different jukes and spins together makes the run very efficient, just be careful not abuse the turbo like I do however cause then you won't go anywhere. This year's madden is very realistic when it comes to developing the run and getting through the holes. Now on to the passing game, the passing game was great and player attributes really came into play when passing to different recievers, for instace while playing with the 49ers I used Isaac Bruce as my possession reciever and he would catch some bullets in traffic which was a releif, however when trying the same thing with the other reciever on my team Arnaz Battle I was not so lucky. Additionally since I didnt update the roster when I was playing against the Jets, I got a first hand look at Chad Pennington's arm and he under threw one of his recievers on a streak and ended in a interception by me. So as you can see the realism just seeps through every facet of the game. I haven't played enough to comment on the other features but as it stands right now, I am very very happy madden gamer.

1 comment:

Gamer Hudson said...

Nice review, thanks for dropping by!